For more information on course schedules, structures, or how to register, please contact us.
Adult English Class (Chinese)
If you’re beginning to study English as a second language, our class is designed to teach you introductory grammar, spelling, and listening and speaking skills. Students do not need to have any experience with CELPIP to enroll in this class.
It’s beneficial to learn everyday English to be able to comfortably navigate in Canada because many essential services require English comprehension. We teach in Chinese to provide a stress-free environment, and students will learn the English equivalent for a language that they’re intimately familiar with. There’s no need to feel embarrassed or pressured - all of our students are just starting out, like you! Common services that require English include applying for citizenship or immigration, using public transportation, and or using government services.
CELPIP Sprint Class (Chinese)
This class is dedicated to students who have learned the foundations of English and are beginning to prepare for the CELPIP exam or need guidance on becoming familiar with the exam format. Students do not need to have any experience with CELPIP to enroll in this class.
Each week will focus on one of the four CELPIP sections. Classes are designed to help students recognize the level of English comprehension needed for the exam, how to effectively select the best answers for multiple-choice questions, and unique strategies that will give students an extra boost. Supplementary materials are provided and feedback is available. All classes are taught in Chinese to provide a stress-free learning environment, but all in-house materials are in English.
Mondays 10:00am — 12:00pm
Mondays 7:00pm — 9:00pm
Wednesdays 10:00am — 12:00pm
Wednesdays 7:00pm — 9:00pm
Fridays 10:00am — 12:00pm
Fridays 7:00pm — 9:00pm
Online or In-person
Recommended for those within CLB 3-6
CLB 4-6 ?
CELPIP Elite Class (English)
The elite class is dedicated to tackling more difficult material, learning hidden tips and tricks to earn higher points in individual sections, and improving writing, listening, and speaking skills to achieve an advanced level of understanding. This is recommended for students who have a minimum CELPIP score of 7 and seek to improve.
Each week will focus on one of the four CELPIP sections. Classes are designed to help students interpret material that may not always be straightforward, improve vocabulary to demonstrate English proficiency, learn correct writing structures, and listen for key information. Supplementary materials are provided and feedback is available. Classes occur three times a week in the evenings and span for one month.
If you prefer studying alone or in a private setting, our instructors are available for personal tutoring. Sessions can last from 1 to 2 and a half hours and are scheduled to accommodate the student. You and your instructor will construct a personalized learning plan that will help you succeed at the pace that you desire. Students may engage in private lessons for supplementary help, specific issues regarding writing, listening, or speaking, or additional practice.
- Study in a comfortable and familiar setting.
- Save time from commuting if you are out of the city or province.
- Engage in classwork in real-time.
- Receive the same content as you would in class.
- Use your personal devices to access lessons.
- Study in a classroom similar to the CELPIP testing center.
- Interact with other students who are also aspiring for the same goals as you.
- Participate in class discussions and receive assistance from instructors.
- Receive other students' feedback on written work.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q：What types of courses does CELPIP Test Prep offers for CELPIP preparation?
- A：We offer two levels of group classes: introductory and advanced. The introductory class is designed for students who have a basic understanding of English and would like further help in becoming familiar with the CELPIP exam. The advanced class is recommended for students who would like to obtain higher scores on their CELPIP exam or improve prior ones. We also offer one-on-one tutoring with any of our CELPIP instructors.
- Q：How many students are in each class?
- A：Each class has no more than 12 students per lesson. This is to ensure the student receives as much assistance from the instructor as possible.
- Q：What if I'm not sure that my English level is appropriate for the class that I signed up for?
- A：Before the classes begin, all students will take an assessment test to ensure that their class is suitable for them. If our instructors find that the class may be too difficult or easy, you will be moved accordingly.
- Q：What if I signed up for the introductory CELPIP class and begin feeling that the material is too easy? Will I be able to transfer classes?
- A：Yes, you are allowed to transfer to the class level that you feel is appropriate for you.
- Q：How do you join the online class as a student?
- A：After you've signed up for the course, you will receive an email with a link that also includes the date and time. You will need to enter the course approximately 30 minutes prior to ensure that your microphone and video camera are working. Once the instructor has confirmed that all students are present, the class will begin. When finished, you can exit the course by closing the window.
- Q：What should I do if either my microphone or video camera malfunctions?
- A：No need to worry - the most important part is being able to hear and see the instructor, even if they are unable to hear or see you. There is also a text function for you to directly message the instructor if any questions arise.
- Q：Where can I get official practice test questions from CELPIP?
- A：Paragon Testing Center offers free practice CELPIP tests on their website, in addition to supplementary materials. You will also receive these materials in class, as well as specially prepared in-house content that is inaccessible anywhere else.
© 2020 CELPIP Test Prep. Paragon, CELPIP, CELPIP-General, CELPIP-General LS, LPI, CAEL, CAEL Assessment, and CAEL CE are owned by Paragon Testing Enterprises.